Fall Style Inspiration – Sarah

Fall Inspiration | Grainline Studio

I can’t wait for the leaves to start changing, because when they do it means it’s time for my favorite outfits to come out! They were packed up under my bed all summer and now it’s time for them to emerge. This year I am going to be making many many new handmade items to pair with the staples I already own.

Layering textures and materials is especially great in the fall. I have a chambray Steven Alan dress (just like the one pictured above) that I nabbed off of the sale rack last year. I plan to wear it with maroon tights, and a Driftless Cardigan.

Fall Inspiration | Grainline Studio

I am going to be introducing a jumper to my wardrobe. I think they are such versatile layering pieces. The Willow Tank Dress will make the perfect jumper. I am going to be making a Willow and an off white, raw silk, Archer Button Up. Like birds of a feather, I’m going to stick them together. I couldn’t help myself. How cute is the Archer going to be underneath the Willow?!

Fall Inspiration | Grainline Studio

Another aspect I love about the fall is how women’s fashion becomes influenced my menswear. I am going to be piling myself under cozy oversized sweaters, with my Archer collar popping out, wearing jeans and a masculine pair of chukka boots.

I’ll be posting my handmades throughout the fall!

All Images are from our Fall / Winter 2016 Pinterest board here

This entry was posted in Inspiration and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Fall Style Inspiration – Sarah

1. Debra DiLoreto says:

Sorry, but I don’t like the baggy look!

• Jen says:

Again, this is Sarah’s personal style inspiration – it’s about what she likes, not what other people like.

• Kate says:

Deb, it seems you might be missing the point of these posts. They are showcasing personal style inspiration of the individuals who work at Grainline, and and are not a directive, nor are they the be-all-end-all of what is possible in fashion. While you have the right to your opinion, I encourage you to find a different way of wording your feedback so it is constructive, rather than what it appears to be to other readers of this blog: unnecessarily rude and pointless.

• Francis says:

Debra, No one is saying you need to make these clothes. The beauty of making your own clothes is that you can make the style you like.

2. Emily says:

I think I am going to try to recreate the Steven Alan dress using Archer as a base. The dress looks a teeny bit cocoon-y, is that right? And the button band only has a few buttons… is it just sewn together below the fake “placket”?

love all this inspiration!!

• Sarah says:

That’s a great idea! You can use the Archer Popover Variation pack and just make the whole thing longer so that it is a dress. It will be less cocoon like too.

3. Francis says:

What a great idea to turn the willow into a jumper! Will you go up a size to allow for your shirt?

4. I love every bit of this.

5. Bella says:

You’ve basically captured how I want to dress in a nutshell! I have some boots like that and have worn them pretty much everyday the past (Southern Hemisphere) winter. Very keen on that Steven Alan style, pondering how I might make my own now.