Morris Blazer Sew Along Announcement

Morris Blazer Sew Along | Grainline Studio

Just wanted to drop a quick note that the Morris Blazer Sew Along will be starting next week. The pattern isn’t very difficult so it’s likely it will only be 6 days long, but a lot of people have been asking for it so I want to get it up on the site. As of now the schedule looks like this:

Day 01: Choosing Fabrics
Day 02: Prep & Cutting
Day 03: Assembling the Body
Day 04: Sewing the Shawl Collar
Day 05: Inserting Sleeves
Day 06: Applying Facings & Finishing

If you haven’t gotten your Morris Blazer pattern yet you can pick it up in the shop or at a retailer near you. See you back here Monday for Day 01!

This entry was posted in Morris Sew Along and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Morris Blazer Sew Along Announcement

1. Basya Spiliakos says:

Yay! Will posts include information on how to line the blazer?

• Jen says:

No. The blazer is unlined because lining restricts the stretch and movement of the shell. We did extensive testing on whether or not to line it and we hated it lined.

2. Heather says:

Hey Jen! I’m excited for this! Will you cover how to do an FBA for Morris? I know you did an FBA post for Alder, but I’m wondering if you might show us how to do a dartless FBA. Thanks!

3. I was going to cut mine but after seeing this, I’ll just wait and sew along!

4. Pam says:

Well this is just perfectly timed – I bought the PDF pattern a fortnight ago and fabric last Monday. It’s all just waiting for me to get started!

5. ruth says:

I LOVE that you do sew alongs!! Such an awesome tool to always go back to. Yay you!!

6. Just awesome!! This incredible that a short time make up the nice blazer. Thanks for comfortable scheduled.

7. I’ve never done a sew along! Do I need to sign up? I’m already a subscriber. If I can’t keep up will that be ok?

• Jen says:

No need to sign up, if you subscribe you’ll get the posts just as you do for any other post. Also totally fine if you can’t keep up! I just like to have the Sew Along on the site so that people can reference if need be while sewing their garment, and people can ask q’s as we go if they have questions. Just some extra help is all.

8. newbie says:

Starting the fabric shopping! Does the interfacing need to be stretch interfacing?

9. Katie says:

I just finished my Morris and I love it! Would love to see different versions popping up after the sewalong.

10. Linda says:

I have never been able to follow along on a sew along before, so here’s hoping I do it this time!