Life Lately

Grainline Studio | Life Lately
[all photos from my Instagram feed @grainlinestudio]

I’ve been slacking on the blog front this week, taking a little breather after the release of the Lakeside Pajamas I suppose. It’s just a breather from blogging though, not working… since releasing the pattern I’ve been crazy busy! In addition to snuggling with Roamy and the little beagle below, eV (short for electron volt, my brother-in-law is a physicist), responding to letters from young neighbors, eating simultaneously way too much and not enough gelato, and deadheading my mom’s roses I’ve been sewing and patterning up a storm!

Grainline Studio | Life Lately

Since last weeks pattern release I’ve sewn 1 pair of Maritime Shorts, 1 Moss Skirt, 1 Morris Blazer vest, 1 Ikat frankendress, corrected the Morris Blazer pattern for grading & digitizing, completed the pattern for and muslin tested one garment with 3 variations that will remain anonymous for the moment, made a pattern for an upcoming Britex collaboration post, and started plotting a really fun collaboration with a sewing party that everyone loves and I’m SUPER excited about. What a week! I’m going to try to do a book review / new garment combo post by the end of the week but if I don’t get that together, I hope you understand. I still have 2 photoshoots, 2 dresses and a shirt to sew, as well as some bookkeeping to do before the weekend. YIKES!! Send me all your productive vibes please, I will love you forever and EVER!

This entry was posted in Journal Entry and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Life Lately

1. Haylee says:

I honestly don’t know how you find time to blog at ALL much less regularly. Girl you are busy!!

2. Toni-Maree says:

I cant really send you any productivity vibes, I am sorry Jen. You already have all mine!! πŸ˜‰

3. juebejue says:

woah!! thats a HUGELY productive week already!! πŸ™‚ its so cool to have sewing as more than just a hobby! by the way, i just bought and started to sew your kat dress, it is taking a while since i can only do 1 hour a day, if that, but i am IN LOVE with the pattern already! so I am very excited about your upcoming jacket pattern!

4. jess says:

*sending productivity vibe*
    I love love love the morris vest, I hope there’ll be a vest variation in the pattern …
    And loveeeee the red ikat drees, is that a variation of the kat dress? How can we make one too? Lol …
    I guess I love ALL the clothes you make …

5. emliu says:

That red dress is absolutely beautiful!

6. Sending those good vibes your way πŸ™‚ you are doing great!!!!!!

7. dokucug says:

Hehehe – I notice you didn’t include sleep in the list of things you’ve been doing! These look like very exciting plans! I love the blazer!

8. Cameron says:

Extra productivity might push you over the edge in to superhuman territory. But all of these things sound very awesome and probably worth losing your mortality, so I’ll see what I can do. Excited to see what you have up your sleeve!

9. Wow, Life in the fast lane! Your doing awesome Jen, keep on steaming forward!

10. Molly says:

The morris vest looks really cool, good luck with all your projects!

11. Gillian says:

Wow, you’ve accomplished SO much! I haven’t even sewn in a week. Go Jen!

12. Jen says:

you are an actual machine! i love the vest so much.

13. Zoe says:

Damn lady, what a week you’ve had!!! Thank goodness you were able to make time for some ice-cream. BTW, I loved reading about your day in the life over at Tilly’s blog xx

14. Amy Alan says:

Go, Jen! Go, Jen!

15. lisa g says:

very excited for the blazer pattern to happen! blazers are on my fall radar for sure. your productivity is amazing, just don’t burn yourself out, okay? πŸ™‚

16. Tiffany says:

I know how you feel. But its kind of a rush and a bit of a high knowing that you can accomplish so much!!! Keep up the good work.

17. June says:

Get some rest, too! Burnout is bad… don’t go there. Otherwise, wishing you mighty productivity. πŸ™‚

18. megthegrand says:

XOXO stay cool in this heat! Sending all sewing mojo vibes in your direction πŸ™‚

19. Kelly says:

Well, add me to the list of people who think you are awesome and amazing! I don’t know how I missed that red dress on Instagram, but I looooooooove it! And I am beyond excited for the blazer pattern, for realz. We are moving at the end of August and I am hoping it will be ready for my first post-move craziness project πŸ™‚

20. maddie says:

you need productive vibes? Girl, you the epitome of productive to me. We can compare sewing accomplishments side by side and you’d win! Keep up the good work πŸ™‚

21. Mina says:

Did our prodctive vibes push you through the weekend?
    That was such a cute letter you got….did you draw her a horse?

22. Oh yes that red dress, please make a pattern for that red dress! Loooove it, so cute.

23. Kirsty says:

Can’t wait for your blazer pattern to come out and hope you got lots of great vibes coming your way.. sending a few more over.

24. sbucha004 says:

Hi Jen, I just made the Lakeside Pajamas and they’re so cute! The pattern worked up so easily! Would you consider making a tutorial for doing the bias binding on the shorts? That’s the only part that I was a little iffy on when making the pattern. They came out fine for sleeping but I wanted to use the same shorts pattern to make some leave-the-house ones!

I’m considering trying to alter my Archer shirt pattern to make a matching short sleeve sleeping shirt to have as well as the tank from the Lakeside Pajama set!

25. Stephanie says:

Whoa!! You are killing it! Omg, now I feel like a bum.

26. Since last weeks pattern release I’ve sewn 1 pair of Maritime Shorts , 1 Moss Skirt , 1 Morris Blazer vest, 1 Ikat frankendress, corrected the Morris Blazer pattern for grading & digitizing, completed the pattern for and muslin tested one garment with 3 variations that will remain anonymous for the moment, made a pattern for an upcoming Britex collaboration post, and started plotting a really fun collaboration with a sewing party that everyone loves and I’m SUPER excited about. What a week! I’m going to try to do a book review / new garment combo post by the end of the week but if I don’t get that together, I hope you understand. I still have 2 photoshoots, 2 dresses and a shirt to sew, as well as some bookkeeping to do before the weekend. YIKES!! Send me all your productive vibes please, I will love you forever and EVER!