The Sunday Sweater KAL

Sunday Sweater KAL |Grainline Studio

I’ve gotten some questions about the Sunday Sweater KAL that Jess, Amy and I are doing on Instagram so I thought I’d do a quick little post to try to answer the questions. This is a totally unstructured knit along, no specific patterns, no dates, no prizes besides your awesome sweater at the end, it’s just a bunch of friends knitting sweaters together using a common hashtag to share, encourage, and motivate each other! If you’re wondering what qualifies, we’re all knitting sweaters that, in the words of Jess, “reminds you of a lazy Sunday afternoon,” so use that as your jumping off point. If you have a sweater you started last year and stalled out on, want to knit a sweater for someone else (adult or child), or are starting a brand new sweater, all are welcome!

This entry was posted in Journal Entry and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Sunday Sweater KAL

1. /anne... says:

What is the pattern in the picture? It looks lovely!

Not that I’m ready to knit wool at the moment. as it’s about 40c/100f – which is not common in summer in Melbourne 🙁

• Jen says:

I think you’re talking about Amy’s sweater, she’s making Sous-Sous by Norah Gaughan! Jess is doing the Maude Cardigan from Quince & Co. and I’m going rogue. Ouch on those temps…hope it cools off for you soon!

• /anne... says:

Yes, that’s the one! Thanks! Although I think when I knit it, it won’t be as baggy as the pattern suggests. Oversized works better when you’re skinny 🙂

There is supposed to be a thunderstorm tonight, and cooler temperatures tomorrow – which is great, as long as lightning doesn’t start any fires (I live in the Dandenong Ranges, one of the worst places in the world for bushfires – but incredibly beautiful)

• Sarah says:

I was going to ask what pattern that was, but I see I was beat to the question. 🙂 I added it to my ever-growing list of sweaters to knit (this year I’m determined to make a dent in that list). Thanks for the inspiration!

2. Lindsay says:

Fun! I’m just starting the Faro pullover (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/faro-pullover) so I’ll definitely join in!

3. Katie Emma says:

There’s a space for tags on Ravelry’s project page – if we add sundaysweaterkal to the tags on our projects on Ravelry we can see everyone’s sweaters there too 🙂 I cast on last night!

4. deadlycraft says:

Totally stupid question… How do I join in?

5. Pingback: Prolific Project Starter | I knit a hat again

6. I loved seeing all the Sunday sweaters on Instagram yesterday! Lots of inspiration in that hashtag.

7. Grace says:

Oh, I’m so getting in on this hashtag with my Relax sweater project.

8. Pingback: new year – old staples |

9. I am really enjoying following this hashtag on Instagram. I already finished my first Sunday sweater (started December 24th though)! I hope this is a perpetual KAL 🙂

10. Pingback: Back to Basics | fabrikk.