Alder Sewalong: Schedule & Badge

Well! As of Tuesday night I’m still operating out of boxes and am still coughing like crazy so I’m going to have to start the official sew along on Monday. I hope you guys aren’t too upset but I really want to make it good and only knowing where 25% of my supplies are isn’t really a great start. When I did the Archer Sew Along I was able to plan ahead adn have the whole thing photographed and ready to go before the sew along started, this time I’m not so lucky. Word to the wise, don’t release a new pattern, launch paper patterns, move house & studio, and go abroad all at once. It’ll throw you off for a while!

Today I’m posting the schedule along with a little blog badge if you find yourself interested in that for your site. On Friday I’ll be doing a fusible specific post since I got a few questions about that, and then Monday we dive into Day 1 below!

Alder Sew Along Schedule
Day 13: V-Neck Variation
Day 14: View A Shirt Variation
Day 15: View B Shirt Variation
Day 16: Alder + Archer Pattern Adjustments
Day 17: Alder + Archer Sewing Instructions

BADGES
Choose your badge size and copy and paste the code in the box below it into your blog sidebar, or wherever you like.

125 x 125 pixels

Grainline Studio

175 x 175 pixels

Grainline Studio

240 x 240 pixels

Grainline Studio
This entry was posted in Alder Sew Along and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Alder Sewalong: Schedule & Badge

1. Rebecca says:

An issue I would love you to cover is raising the bust darts – it looks like my bust dart is going to sit right under the armscye! Is that normal?

• Jen says:

I don’t really know if there’s officially ‘normal’ when dealing with the human body. You may need to raise the underarm as well as the dart from the sound of what you’re saying.

2. Tara says:

Arrrg I really want to do the sew along, but I haven’t got time right now. Plus I want to buy the paper version, but need to wait till I have money and it comes in to my local fabric shop. The world is against me. We considered naming our son Alder! Needed a plant name for him, and I grew up in a forest of alder trees.

3. rg says:

Whew! I wasn’t quite ready…see you Monday! And having the schedule helps me to plan, so thanks!

4. Sandie says:

Monday is perfect! This week was getting crazy anyway.

5. Meg Stively says:

I wasn’t ready either, so this is good news. Feel better, though!

6. I’m in! What do you think about using the sleeves from the Archer on the Alder? I live in way Northern MN, where there is almost never a good time to go sleeveless…

7. duh. and nevermind, just read on your blog that you had already thought of that and will be sharing details about how to do it:) sorry!

8. Katie says:

Super excited to sew this up! I love the pattern, and plan to make at least 3 versions!

9. Sara Berkes says:

So excited for this! Get yourself better girl, and get that studio in tip top shape! Can’t wait to see pictures of it all finished and jazzed up!

10. Jillian says:

I’ll be there! Don’t know if I’ll keep up because sewing everyday is the definition of impossible, but I’m prepped and ready go. Badge up!

11. justina says:

my first sew-along ever! yaaaaaaaaay

12. Rebecca says:

My first ever sew-along too! Also don’t know if will keep up. I am soooo glad it’s not till Monday because I done a tissue fit and it was like a tent and its size 0! I have no experience of fitting and am majorly stuck! The bust dart is like nearly at my waist. Any advice from anyone who knows how to deal with his would be super appreciated.

13. Pingback: Sewing news and online competitions, hurry up! | Go ask Alisa

14. Rebecca says:

Hi Jen, I went to a fitting class over the weekend taught by Rachel Pinheiro and I brought the alder along. She helped me loads and was great! Turns out all we had to do was shorten the shoulder to apex length, true to armholes, raise the dart and add a fish eye dart on the back bodice for the excess fabric, phew! Let’s see how it turns out!

15. Pingback: Grainline Studios Alder Dress Sewalong | Orange Is A Neutral