My Lakeside Pajamas

Grainline Studio | Lakeside Pajamas
[all photos by Michelle Klosinski]

Are you ready to talk more about pajamas? I hope so! I’ve made 2 sets of the Lakeside Pajamas now and I love them so much more than the pairs I made last summer. There was a lot of tweaking going on from those sets to these, most notably I added a bust dart which really adds to the drape of the top.

Grainline Studio | Lakeside Pajamas

Grainline Studio | Lakeside Pajamas

My friend Michelle took these photos a few weekends ago while we were at our friend’s Lake Michigan cottage, such a fun weekend! I was on the fence between names for these pajamas and after we decided to shoot them while here I knew they had to be called the Lakeside Pajamas. They’re so perfect for lounging lakeside, well, and everywhere else too.

Grainline Studio | Lakeside Pajamas

Grainline Studio | Lakeside Pajamas

The fabric is this Thakoon cotton from Mood. I have to tell you guys, I was pretty blown away by the softness and drape of this cotton. It’s SO dreamy, I’m kind of obsessed with wearing these for that reason. When it’s 90 out (and it feels like it’s 90 inside your apartment) I swear this fabric adds no extra heat, it’s like a cloud. I *may* have the other Thakoon cotton on my cutting table earmarked for another pair…

Grainline Studio | Lakeside Pajamas

Grainline Studio | Lakeside Pajamas

Grainline Studio | Lakeside Pajamas

Thanks to everyone for the support and kind words on this new pattern, I was, and still am, pretty blown away by it. You guys are seriously the best! Now…time to get started on that next pattern!

This entry was posted in Sewn Garments and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to My Lakeside Pajamas

1. megthegrand says:

so breezy and beautiful! Perfect for this heat wave when I need the lightest thing possible next to my skin! Wonderful work!

2. dandeliondrift says:

Jen, you are absolutely tempting me to go buy your pattern. I had told myself that I need to sew through the patterns I have, but I could so use new pajamas…especially ones that I don’t mind wearing in this sweltering hot summer!

3. Claire says:

Love it! What your next pattern will be? I dream of your cloudy dress, I want one for myself…

4. Kelly says:

These are the perfect summer pajamas! I really love the back, and I can only imagine how lovely they are to wear when it’s really hot. Light, airy wovens always felt so much better than a knit tee! If you had released the pattern a year ago I wouldn’t have been able to resist at all, but now that I’ve moved to the SF coast I can only vaguely remember that it’s summer and actually pretty hot in other places. I actually felt jealous for half a second before remembering how awful heat+humidity is…

5. Ana says:

i had to buy some of this fabric after seeing your Lakeside PJs and I just received it yesterday! I have to say it is gorgeous fabric. It has the loveliest drape, almost like a rayon. If the other Thakoon cotton is this soft and drapey, I might have to buy some of that too. I love your PJ pattern and I’m planning on making your exact pair, it’s just too perfect.

6. marie says:

these are great! we are heading to lake michigan today (and chicago, tomorrow!) and i wish i had a pair of these to bring along!

7. sallie says:

Gorgeous!! Seriously the most perfect summer lounge set EVER! Also, what a pretty backdrop! I hope you had a dreamy vacation! And I must remember that Thakoon cotton – I’ve seen it pop up a few times and everyone talks about how drool-y it is. Thanks for all your hard work Jen! You are pattern-making perfection!

8. looks so comfyyyy and i love the fabric!!

9. laricci smunch says:

Ooh, I hope the next pattern is that awesome blazer you made last year!!

10. Joe says:

They turned out very nice Jen. It’s always nice when you can pair the perfect fabric with that special pattern one’s working on. Very nice job 😉

11. Tiffany says:

Those are really cute and look really easy to make. They also look super comfy.

12. Hannah says:

These are GORGEOUS. Bookmarking for when I master the use of a sewing machine! You should put them on Kollabora so everyone there can drool over them.

13. trang says:

I just made one and it was perfect. Thank you for a fun pattern!

14. Nicole says:

I LOVE these! perfect as pyjamas but I would totally wear these as separates too. The fabric is gorgeous, I wish mood would do international shipping!

15. Hey pretty lady! I love your pjs and your photos. Cannot wait to make a pair.

16. Jessica says:

Looks so comfy! Once I finish my summer class I’m going to make a pair!

17. kristin says:

they really are great – the perfect summertime pajamas. awesome fabric too!

18. mirza says:

I have to admit I already made a pair, and they are fabulously comfortable and cute. I think I want to live in them… Thanks for making such amazing patterns!

19. Julia C. says:

I definitely need to make a pair of pajamas before I head back to college. I have to say, though, what really excited me about the pattern was the top–I think I will definitely make a number of them to wear as non-pajama day wear!! Love the back and the pretty drape–basically I’ve been searching for a pattern just like it for months. So glad you were able to fill the void. P.S. I’m a huge fan!